Wednesday, September 29, 2010

I Never Expected This (This title is so misleading, but it was the first thing I could think of)

A couple weeks ago, I started a new job. It's going really well, but that isn't what this blog is about - however, to maintain the valuable element of surprise I'll start from the beginning.

I joined a retail team of 10 employees, of the 10 employees 3 were new hires (myself included). You know enough about me, the other new hires are Krystina and Josh. Krystina is outgoing, funny and cool. She's also married.  The first day, we went to lunch and shoe shopping together. We seem to click, and I feel like we'll quickly become friends. Josh really doesn't add anything to this story, so we'll leave him out of it.

Today, Krystina and I opened the store together. While working, she pointed out an attractive guy. Unfortunately, I didn't get to see his face, but she mentioned him again later - apparently he works in the suite next to ours. I guess she felt like I might assume things, so she let me know that she wasn't unfaithful to her husband. I jokingly responded that I wouldn't tell, and she told me that she and her husband have an arrangement. Obviously, I was curious, so I asked her about it. Krystina and her husband are open!!! I was visibly excited as I told her that Juarez and I had recently opened our marriage. She proceeded to tell me that she and Chris (her husband) have been open since May of this year, and that it's going well.

I never would have expected to find anyone like us, just randomly. Least of all in a tiny staff of 10 employees.

Crazy.

I'm hoping that we'll end up being good friends. I feel that it would be great to have a sort of support system, throughout this whole venture. Maybe we could all help each other out, in some way or another. So, we'll see what happens.

No comments:

Post a Comment