Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Open Sesame

My husband and I decided to open our marriage. We tried it once before, but that was prior to actually being married - and each of us only had one experience. Mine was miserable.

I met him on OKCupid, he was a photographer and we seemed to have a lot in common. I wasn't particularly attracted to him, but I figured we'd get along quite well. I'm actually sure we would have made good friends, but I felt no attraction to him - at all. I think I was missing the point of what an open relationship could be.

Right after my experience, my husband (then fiance) decided that he didn't want to have an open relationship; so it ended. I never stopped wanting an open relationship, and made that pretty clear. We've gone back and fourth on the subject, talked about it, thought about it... now we're doing it. I'm excited, I wanted this; but at the same time, I can't help but be concerned that my husband is doing this solely because I wouldn't let it go. I just hope that he's really as okay with it as he says he is.

No comments:

Post a Comment