Saturday, September 11, 2010

Rules of Engagement

 I've done some research on open marriages... It seems that one of the most important elements in an open marriage is the rules. Here are ours (so far):
  • Open communication
    • Let the other know if you're going to play [Juarez adds, "This is more for me, I kind of need to get my mind right or find something to occupy myself so my thoughts aren't running wild.  This will likely be temporary."]
  • Don't fall in love, or anything that even resembles feelings other than sex
    • If one of us grows uncomfortable with a playmate, that playmate is done
    • If a playmate expresses feelings beyond sex, that playmate is done
  • Safe sex
    • Intercourse always requires a condom
  • Limit play to a couple times each week
    • It can be the same person both times, or two different people one time each
  • No fucking anyone we are already friends with
  • No ex's
  • Bunny can not bring men to the house (safety first) but girls are okay.
    • Same applies for Juarez
  • No actual sleeping with playmates
Right now, these are the things that are most important to us, but I'm sure that some of them will change. I think some things will become more or less important as we grow more familiar with our open marriage. If or when we decide to change things, we'll let you know. 

No comments:

Post a Comment