Bunny will ask me every-now-and-then, "Why do you love me?" And I'll tell her most of the time, sometimes I just feel kind of lame rehashing the same tired lines I used before, or that are totally cliche -- whatever.
I love my wife for a lot of reasons, but mostly the way she makes me feel... it's incredible. I will try to describe it;
Nothing has every prepared me to feel the way I feel about my wife. Nothing. I haven't read it in literature, seen it in movies, heard it in music. And there are a million and one ways each of those mediums can describe the way love feels. And not that what my description is anything new, it's probably rehashed as well - but it's mine.
She makes me feel like I'm 10 feet tall. That I live in a world that others only hear or read about. A world that is above everybody else - a different planet. I walk down the isles of any store and I know I'm the luckiest motherfucker in the store - because I love and have the love of a beautiful and incredible woman. I would compare it to how it must feel to be a performer, after you've just finished a gig in front of an arena full of people. A small percentage of people ever get to feel that - I feel that only a small percentage of people will ever feel what we feel.
I know it's love because it's so much better than anything I ever heard about.
Okay; now time to tie this into the OM.
I still at times feel a little -- anxious when I know she's out. I try to distract myself from thinking about anything. But I've learned from the last time she was out -- just skip all the dramatics. In an hour or two you're going to be okie-dokie. I also focus on the things that the other guys don't get.
They don't sit in the restroom with her, while she's taking a bath. They don't sit nekkid on the couch and play videogames or watch netflix. They don't get hugs and kisses on demand... not that I demand them, but you know what I mean.
That's it.
No comments:
Post a Comment